Your Guide to POS Equipment and Hardware
Let's face it, there's a lot of point of sale equipment on the market. There are hundreds of manufacturers selling thousands of products, from simple receipt printers to wireless tablets and payment devices. Pricing for the same type of products can vary significantly, so how do you know what's right for your business? How do you even know which products you need? That's where we come in — we're POS consultants and we're here to help.
What's the basic setup?
The most basic setup you can have includes the core components you need for your system. This is more or less the bare minimum (from a hardware perspective).
What else do I need?
From there, dozens of add-on peripheral devices are available to enhance your system, increase its functionality, or improve its performances.
Click the links above to learn more about each product. Topics covered include:
- How does the device work and what is it for?
- What's the difference between the top of the line models and the discount models?
- How much can I expect to pay?
- Is it worth paying up for a premium brand? Or can I save money here?
- What recommendations do you have for the best POS hardware?