Serve your customers better by knowing what’s in stock
Get a better handle on the financial status of your operations
Manage productivity and make better staffing decisions
Custom Barcode Printing
Easily create labels on the spot to track inventory
Retail POS Systems Are Our Specialty
With Thousands of Retailers Served, We Have the Experience Needed to Help Your Small Business
"So much POSitive feedback to share and report here that I can go on for hours, but I will keep it short and to the point. If you need a POS system that is powerful, easy to use, and a back up support team that is always there for you, you get it from POS NATION, the recipient of a strong FIVE STAR RATING."
Joseph Gelbman - Parve Zone - Kiamesha Lake, NY
Looking For Your Specific Industry?
Find Your Industry and Learn What We Can Do For You
The Features You Need to Run Your Business
Auto Generate/Receive POs
Create, track and send purchase orders (POs). Receive notifications at the re-order point so you can replenish inventory when it’s low or out of stock.
Tailor accounting processes to fit your unique needs, keeping clients paying on time and income flowing.
Customer Sales History
Track customers’ buying behaviors and create targeted marketing campaigns to retain current customers and win new business.
Handheld Inventory Device for Inventory Counts
A quick scan can decrease inventory data errors and improve efficiency. Inventory is managed more effectively, and you can make better business decisions.
We're Retail Point of Sale Specialists
Click the tabs below for more information.
How much experience does POS Nation have in the retail industry?
Our retail POS software is trusted by over 70,000 businesses and has the flexibility to work with a variety of retailers. We've provided retail POS systems to thousands of merchants in a variety of industry verticals.
What size retailer is best suited for your retail POS system?
We work with a variety of retailers ranging from independent owner-operators to multi-location chains. Regardless of your needs, our scalable retail POS system is capable of growing with your business. The key to servicing such a wide variety of retailers is our commitment to work with you directly to customize a system to meet your unique business needs.
What hardware comes with a standard retail point of sale system?
Our typical retail POS system includes a touchscreen computer, cash drawer, barcode scanner, MSR (credit card swipe), and receipt printer. From there, however, your options are almost limitless. We offer a variety of add-on POS hardware including customer displays, label printers, pinpads, scales, tablets, and more.
What about tablet POS systems?
Not a problem. Although we don’t sell Apple or iOS products, we can easily incorporate tablets into our retail POS system with Windows 8 HP ElitePads.
How do I know you're offering the best retail POS system for my business?
Talk to us. Tell us about your business, and we’ll tell you how we can help. But we’re not the best fit for everyone, and if our retail point of sale won’t meet the needs of your retail business, we’ll be the first to tell you.
What hardware is included in your retail POS system?
Our standard retail point of sale system includes:
The most common upgrades for retail stores include:
Barcode and Label Printer
- Label and Barcode Printer: Label and barcode printers can not only print barcodes for non-barcoded items, but they can also print shelf tags and labels.
- Pinpad: By accepting debit cards, many retailers can save money on credit card fees. Pinpads also allow merchants to accept Apple Pay and Google Wallet.
- Customer Display: Although some states actually require these, customer displays show what's being rung up so your customers know with confidence they are being charged the correct amount.
- Wireless Scanner: For retailers selling large, bulky items, wireless scanners are a great way to easily ring up these items.
Retail POS Features That Everyone Needs
Ring Up Sales
The most basic function of any point of sale is to quickly and efficiently ring up sales. For barcoded items, nothing rings up products more quickly and accurately than a traditional scanner, and for non-barcoded or high-volume products, the touchscreen interface allows for fast order entry with a single touch.
How We Help Small Businesses Grow
What's the difference in Features Everyone Needs and Features You Need? Features Everyone Needs covers the basics while the features below are the most common ones we see our retail customers use to better run their business.
Manage Your Vendors and Create Purchase Orders
Our retail point of sale system tracks all your vendors in a single database. Set reorder points for your inventory so when you only have 20 of an item remaining in stock, the system automatically knows to reorder five additional cases.
Directly send your POs to your vendors and suppliers, and when you receive your order, your inventory automatically replenishes. And besides simplicity, the real advantage of managing your purchases through your point of sale comes at the end of the month when you complete your physical inventory count with the click of a button
What a Few of Our Customers Are Saying About Us
"I can't thank my customer rep enough for her professional support, dedication, and diligence integrating both organizations (POS Nation and POS-X) and her ability to collaboratively work real-time together to solve a complex and crucial issue for my client. Her ability to listen, satisfy my clients needs, and discern the best business decision to procure future business for both organizations was outstanding! That day my client was frustrated and agitated to a point of leaving all business with both companies - but thanks to her customer service ability and advanced sense of the best business decision future went from impossible to the possible! In addition - did wonders for the client and exceeded their expectations as they had expected nothing but more frustration. I'm my expert opinion as former partner in largest management and systems integration company in the world...the patience that resulted in an actionable solution was largely above par! Thank you again! Please let me know, if I can advocate or your behalf in any other way to get you the credit you deserve. Thank you again."
- Nick Jackson. Tybee Island Historical Society
" A superb purchasing experience! The website did a great job of describing the product features. Next, we called customer service to make further inquires. What a surprise! The staff was incredibly knowledgeable, courteous and genuinely interested in our needs. The hardware and software were delivered when promised. Setup was a breeze. Customer support and our representative, Spence, knew exactly who we were when we called. We were up and running in 2 days. Thanks for making the retail hardware and software the easiest part of our store!"
- Athens Academy
"I purchased their system to run a C-store on recommendation from my niece; best thing I have done so far for the business. Their system is wonderful and a godsend to the business. I can track inventory quickly, no mistakes on pricing by employees, quickly get end of the reports for the CPA. They have the best support team that can fix anything online from there office with ease. Keeps the register working properly all the time which means cash flow. The best service I have seen so far in today's complicated world of running a business and keeping correct records."
- Bob Beiler. Riverside Services
" This company has been one of the best I have ever dealt with.They went far beyond the sale to take care of some software issues that were not even there doing. I have been in business for over 25 years and wish other companies had a quarter of their customer service.
- Randy Mullins. Healthsmart, LLC
"We hired POS Nation to upgrade our current system, they worked with our budget and helped us to pick a system that fit our needs, we have had good response from their customer service and excellent service from their sales team too."
"Fairly simple. .., I'm still learning how to use it. Lots of functions that I'm not taking advantage of yet. Like the reporting."
Niche Industry Verticals That Use Our Retail POS
- Pet Stores: Selling live animals can be particularly tricky for retailers. Pet stores benefit from the ability to track individual pets in inventory as well as make customer notes pertaining to pets in the system. Read more about how pet stores use our POS system.
- Bakeries: Although they sell food and beverages, many bakeries operate more as a retailer than a restaurant. Bakeries commonly use the built in recipe tracking and the programmable hot keys to help run their business. Read our blog article outlining bakery point of sale systems.
- Hobby Shops: The most unique facet of hobby and craft shops is having to sell and stock fabric and other materials in yards or cubic units. Our system does this easily. Check out our blog article which explains a couple other common POS features used by hobby shops. Read our blog article to see how hobby shops take advantage of our POS system.
- Vape Shops: Although casual consumers tend to classify vape stores with tobacco shops, these two business types typically use different point of sale features. For vape shops, the POS system must track customer purchase history so merchants can look up what juice combinations their customers last purchased. Most vapor and e-cigarette stores that mix their own juices also employ remote printers with their point of sale. POS Nation recently presented our POS system to the 2015 World Vapor Expo.